THE LUNAR METHOD GIFT GUIDE 2021
Ready for a method to the madness this holiday season? We're counting down the 12 days of a sustainable holiday season
We will provide you with weekly tips on where to shop sustainably, how to wrap your gifts in a chic and plastic free way. We'll also go over the benefits of shopping locally, where to donate old or new clothes and toys (locally and abroad), and lastly where you can find us at pop up shops in person and online this the holiday season.
To start us off, let's count down our favorite brands of 2021! We've created this wonderful list, where you can shop woman-owned and sustainable brands this holiday season.
For your home
Gifting someone homemade bread? Or something from your garden? Perhaps you want to help someone keep their favorite cheese or fruit fresh in the fridge...without the gross plastic wrap. Below is our top three favorite women owned shops that create most beautiful beeswax wraps and beeswax candles. If you don't know the benefits of beeswax candles over regular paraffin wax, here's a quick link to learn more.
- Bee Hive Candles
- Joshua Tree Beeswax (to order you have to them at JTBeeswax@gmail.com) My partner and I recently made a trip to Joshua Tree this Fall and I can't even begin to explain how incredible these candles are. They smell divine!!! By far the best beeswax candles I've ever purchased. I bought four and will be back for more.
- Beeswax Candles by Alysia
Beautify your Home
- THE ARTESANAL: Contemporary homewares, artisan-made in México. Fair-trade sourced.
- Casa Itaa (Founded by two former New Yorkers, this shop is to die for! I have a few pieces in my own home, I love their work because they directly support local artisans in Oaxaca, Mexico.)
- Miha Made: Ethically crafted goods from Oaxaca, Mexico designed for living well.
For your Health
In what feels like a lifetime ago, I was a yoga and meditation instructor and student of Ayurveda. So you can image my love for biohacking and all things superfoods. One of my absolute favorite brands this year is Botanica! Not only are their raw and organic nuts the best, the raw cacao and acai power is out of this world! Straight from the depths of the jungle in Brazil comes their incredible products.
- Botanica Origins: Wild & Organic Superfoods
Sustainable Clothing & Shoes
- We Are Awear: Animal awareness prints, brand on a mission to raise awareness and funds. We met Steph at Vegan Fashion Week and loved her wonderful prints and personal story. Check out their shop to stay cozy all winter long.
- sylthvirago These incredible ladies, also friends from vegan fashion week, created STUNNING shoes made for even the most high end New York Christmas parties. This vegan and sustainably made shoes have a-lot of soul. Designed in New York and created in Italy.
- Ziiropa : Natural fibers 🌾 Handmade in Mexico City / Est. 2015
- Solene Furlanis Studio : Solene Furlanis is a Franco-Italian artist, entrepreneur and consultant who shares her time between Los Angeles and Mexico City. Each of the abstract artworks and collections share stories, bits of her intricate and minimalist style and her commitment to sustainable creativity.
Sustainable Luxury Accessories
- Solios watches : Our only non women-owned brand on the list, Solios watches are so sustainable and chic, we had to include them. We meet Sam, co-founder of Solios, at Vegan Fashion Week and were blown away by his product. The world's first entirely solar powered watch, I was stunned by the elegance and sustainable aspect of this watch. For Christmas this year, I gifted myself one.
- BRA-sériē : Beautiful bra straps you WANT to show! Black women owned.
- Lunar Method, last but not least, we include our own shop! A Latina owned and operated luxury brand of travel bags. Ethically made with artisan handwoven fabric and sustainable vegan cactus leather.
Leave a comment